Brand New Table Arrived
With our players help, the new table final got into our club. Now we have three high-quality tables for players to enjoy!
We had purchased another tournament quality table that was used in the 2012 US Open in Las Vegas. This is our second very high quality table and yes, she is bright blue like her sister.
Table Tennis News
Hello Everyone, Been some time since any posts have been done. The Covid lockdowns keep throwing wrenches into the cogs. So to give a very brief update of where we are now and what to expect. With the re-opening of facilities like Central Arena, I had started the rental space negotiations with City of Burlington. I am continuing to finalize those contract to get the club operational again. Hopefully I will get this finalized within the next week or so. I will be posting any update about the club re-opening very soon, so please standby. Thanks
Hello Players, Hopefully everyone has not gone completely crazy with the lockdown and everyone has stayed safe. I have been in discussions with City of Burlington over the Central Arena programs. I have now received official word that BTTC will not be able to resume our program until Jan. 2021. This is mainly due to a few reasons laid out by the City over: – program space within facilities (playing space/room tetris) – program association with Provincial level sports affiliation – regular/amount of attendees – programs that are open to all levels and players I have some meetings scheduled in October with the city to further discuss the action plan to get our program operational again. Hopefully I will receive Continue reading
Due to the City of Burlington decision to close the arenas until the end of June, that unfortunately ends are season. Hopefully our player participation for next season will exceed this year’s weekly attendance. We have seen a lot of new players come through the facility this year and has been fun to meet them. With our regular core players showing up every week, I like to extend a thank you for continued support of the club. Please continue to visit our website for any updates as they will be posted as frequently as I receive them. Sorry for any inconvenience the CORVOD-19 is causing.
Due to the City of Burlington decision to close the arenas for the next 3 weeks and April 10, 2020 being the Good Friday holiday, BTTC will be closed until April 17, 2020. Please continue to visit our website for any updates as they will be posted as frequently as I receive them. Sorry for any inconvenience the CORVOD-19 is causing.
The club will be open as per normal on March 13, 2020. Currently the City of Burlington are in meetings to discuss if/when they might suspend activities in the Central Arena. I will post any updates as soon as I hear. With the wake of the CORVID-19, we do ask for some simple precautions: – If you have been sick in the last 14 days, please do not attend – Please wash hands frequently while at the club – We will bypass the normal pleasantries of shaking hands during matches
Burlington Table Tennis will be closed on the following days: April 10, 2020
After a successful pilot period for the month of December, we have decided to go live with the weekly reservation system. This will now hopefully prevent players from driving into the club with the disappointment of not being able to play. You can now reserve your spot each week by going to the following link: https://www.burlingtontabletennisclub.com/about/the-club/ The form will normally be available the prior Sunday at 19:00 ET and will close on the Friday at 18:40. If the reservations reach the 17 player limit, the form will no longer be available for that week. Walk-ins are still welcomed, if space is available. Thanks
BTTC will be closed on the following days: Oct. 4, 2019 and Oct. 11, 2019 – Brandt
Burlington Table tennis club will be it’s 2019/2020 season on Sept. 13, 2019, at 19:00 – 21:50 ET. Doors will open at 18:50 We will continue to host a maximum of 17 players per night at any given time. Brandt
Currently, the 2019-2020 season will hopefully start on September 13, 2019, @ 19:00. This is currently only a tentative date as we are still waiting for the official contract from the City of Burlington before any dates can be confirmed. Hopefully, the contract will be finalized before the end of August. Please check back on the site for any updates.